Monday, October 6, 2008

Why I Love Having a Driver


  • Because I can sit by my children and help them as much as they need

  • Because we don't get lost
  • Because people drive here like there are no lanes

  • Because there are hordes of people who run through the streets regardless of the light color as they rush to find a jeepney or a bus or whatever. I am so glad to know I won't be running one over.

  • Because our Driver has 5 children and smiles patiently at mine

  • Because there is something here about street names - you cross the intersection (not turning at all!) and the name changes. Constant changing of street names. It makes directions a bit tricky

  • Because he will help me with me groceries - inside the grocery store, to the car, and to our apartment

  • Because I was making pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and didn't have any chocolate chips, so I just texted him and he went and picked them up and brought me back my change

  • Because it makes our commute to and from school much easier. It is a 30-40 min drive each way. Let's all pray we get to our new place soon.

5 comments:

  1. That sound SO wonderful! You deserve this luxury.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sign me up right now! I Could have used his help yesterday when I left HEB without vanilla for cookie baking. You have transitioned so well Sheralie. I send hugs from Houston.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow I would love a driver it sounds heavenly! Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - I need one of those.

    I loved the part about him smiling patiently at your children. I always appreciate people who aren't always so annoyed with having children around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well i wish i could send my driver to HEB to buy us both some vanilla! no vanilla here.

    ReplyDelete