Saturday, October 25, 2008

Into our new house

We gave up hope in ever getting in our luxury high rise condo, so Sheralie went house hunting. She actually just looked at one house - we are limited by what the government has available. So we are now in a house, thanks largely to Sheralie's tireless work. The house is very spacious. 5 BR plus study, LR, play room, maid's quarters and most importantly, a backyard. Here are some pictures:


Jeffrey and Laird out in front



Sheralie, Laird, Lucy and our wonderful helper, Ailyn



Jeff in our jungle backyard



Jeffrey and Laird in their fort underneath the stairs



Side patio

14 comments:

  1. The house looks wonderful! I wish you many happy times there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you have your own four walls now and your own jungle. i think you would need to parade up and down those stairs like "my fair lady" or something similar. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The House looks fantastic! I am so glad that you are there instead of in the high rise. It will be nice to let the kids play outside. How far from school and work?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I had no idea you guys would get such luxurious accommodations! You'll be making a lot of good memories there, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you finally got to move in. The house looks great- and huge. Looks really enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wow! Talk about a vacation!!! that house looks awesome. I love the staircase. Good job Sheralie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You gotta be kidding me? That place looks like paradise. Sign me up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sheralie...this is your cousin Jonathan...Wow, Briana lets me know whenever fun things are posted and I'm excited to see the adventures you and your famly are having. New job, new country, new house....you're on one one heck of a ride. Your family look great and you all look like your having a great time...just wanted to say hello and send our love. Take care of yourselves....LOL Jonathan and family

    ReplyDelete
  9. That patio looks like a courtyard to some palace or something. Pretty posh living, I guess!

    So why did you want to live in a high-rise instead of a house? The commute?

    ReplyDelete
  10. The would-be advantages of the condo:

    Super new (house is old)

    Quiet (high above the street) - from house we can constantly hear dogs and ducks

    Awesome gym (I now have to work out a commute to the gym)

    Indoor and outdoor pools

    Playground

    Closer to Jeffrey's school

    Advantages of the house:

    Space - indoor and outdoor

    Closer to work

    Garage

    Study

    ReplyDelete
  11. well it is too bad about the pools but at least your food storage is taken care (though you have to listen to it) and you have room for your uncle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. After the newness of the condo had worn off, you'd really be wishing for a yard. You'll love the house! I think it looks great. I am loving reading about your life--it makes me feel like I'm having an adventure too.

    ReplyDelete