Saturday, October 4, 2008

Some Pictures

Though we still don't have access to our personal pictures, I scoured the web and found some pictures of our current neighborhood (Roxas Boulevard).



This seawall is basically just across the street from us. We are very close to Manila Bay and enjoy some great sunsets.



Our street at night. We have pretty good tree coverage, so the garish neon lights from the road don't really bother us.



Outside the Embassy




The main building of the Embassy. The flag pole predates World War 2 and actually has battle wounds. It is the same flag pole that McArthur raised the American flag on when American forces recaptured Manila.


I'll leave you with a conversation Jeffrey and I had while looking at a map of the Philippines.

"Dad, is that part of the Philippines?"

"No, that is part of Malaysia"

"But Dad, we were just at Mall of Asia - it's not very far!"

I thought that was pretty clever for a 6 year old.

4 comments:

  1. I am so jealous of the place and the adventure. You are doing it. You are actually doing it. Wonderful. I am so there. Just a matter of scheduling. We're hoping for a Thailand trip in February. By the way, when you get settled and begin thinking of places to visit please let me know and I'll connect you with friends in Singapore and Bangkok. Of course by then you'll have a great network of your own. All the best.
    UJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll all be jealous of you during our cold winter. And you'll be jealous of us when you get sick of the hot, humid weather. But it looks pretty nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely location. Sounds like you're settling in well. What's the school situation like? Report on the new job!

    ReplyDelete