We are sad to be leaving behind many good friends in Houston. We have enjoyed our four years here. We hope to keep in touch and maybe you might find our blog more worthwhile reading if the setting is someplace more exotic (can you get more exotic and exciting than Houston, TX?). We are particularly sad to be moving away from family, who have been a great support to our young kids. However, for the summer at least, the locus of the Broadbent family will switch to DC.
Thanks to all the folks at V&E as well (there is at least one that reads this blog). As big law firms go, I think V&E is easily the best and if I was going to pursue law to retirement, I would probably stay there.
We are excited for this new opportunity and will definitely keep you up to date on new developments.

Congrats on the new job. Keep us updated. My sister lives near DC if you need a babysitter while you are there!
ReplyDeleteWow, that's a big change but I'm sure it will be exciting for your family. Good luck & keep us posted on the move.
ReplyDeleteI'm one of those non-commenters. :) But we wanted to say congratulations on your new job.
ReplyDeletewelcome to the broadbent east coast club. i'll be taking over as president when tina and H relocate to dallas.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! That sounds very exciting and fun. Adrienne and I are excited for you and your family. I've got a sister who lives in Washington DC--we have a better chance of seeing you in DC than in Houston :)
ReplyDelete-Steve
I'm so excited for you! We have so enjoyed our opportunity to see the world, and I hope you have as much fun as we've had. Just don't live where we do. ;) Best of luck to you!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! That happened so fast!!! I can't believe your leaving us...the street just won't be the same without you guys!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the job. What exactly does an "Economic Officer" do? Do you have any guesses/ predictions as to where you're headed? We're sad you're leaving TX, but excited for the vicarious adventures we'll be having w/ you.
ReplyDeleteCongrats!! You have an adventure ahead of you. We are excited for your family. It has been great getting to know you better over the past few months. Will miss serving with you, but look forward to keeping in touch through this blog network.
ReplyDeleteWell done, Pete. For those out there who don't realize it, great jobs don't grow on trees, and everyone would love to have them. Pete has been nicking away at this offer for a long time. You've earned it, man.
ReplyDeleteWOW! Congrats! We will look forward to hearing of your new adventures.
ReplyDeletewhat the heck! sheralie, you can't leave before i've even seen you out here! let's coordinate a visit! we lived in baltimore for 4 years. dc will be fun (but hot and crowded) for the summer.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! How long is the training period? If you end up in London while we're still here, we have to be BFF.
ReplyDeleteYou guys are so adventurous, it was fun getting to know you. I wish you the best of luck.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the new job! Sounds like a fun adventure!
ReplyDeleteWHAT???????
ReplyDeleteMay? Noooooooooooooooo. . . Sheralie, I won't let you go. I won't. I'm going to cry all night and all summer. . . and all year next year just thinking that we COULD HAVE been neighbors again at last. No! No! No! YOU CAN'T LEAVE!!!!!!!!! Oh, Sheralie, how I love you so!!!!!!!
Awesome news though - and even though I will MISS YOU DEARLY, what an adventure! I'm so excited for the whole family. And proud of you.
that's awesome!!! we can't wait to watch one of the most qualified families go out and save the world through diplomacy.
ReplyDeleteWell before I get into the selfish thoughts I have had...congrats!! What a big deal (I'm sure I have no idea).
ReplyDeleteNow for the selfishness...YOU'LL BE ROUGHLY SIX HOURS AWAY FROM US!! WAHOO!!
Congrats Pete! Big news! Hope they send you to Japan. don't know what you'll do without baseball to watch.
ReplyDeleteI guess I knew this was coming, but it makes me soooo sad to hear that it's really going to happen and soooo soon! Yikes! I might just cry tonight...and that's not even an April Fool's Joke! Oh my...I can't think of what to write, so I will call you later.
ReplyDeleteMel's parents work for the State Dept, but I don't know who their Boss is. I think it's that GWB guy. They currently live in Bangkok. I'm predicting you go to Germany. Is this like a mission call or do you have some sort of say?
ReplyDeleteAlso...21 comments! Wow! You guys are popular.
This is really exciting--we love livivg overseas (although it has its moments of difficulty). Way to go.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the new job, Pete! We loved Virginia/DC while we were there - do you know where you'll be living yet? We can recommend a fabulous ward in McLean...!
ReplyDeleteLisa! Good to hear from you. We will actually be living in Falls Church, as the State Dept. has a deal with a corporate housing provider there. The training itself will be in Arlington.
ReplyDelete