Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Who's going to turn down a Junior Mint?

Some notable happenings in and around our house:


Jeff lost another front tooth. When the tooth fairy showed up, he was excited enough to wake Sheralie up in the middle of the night to celebrate (fortunately I slept through the celebration).



After a long hiatus, "The Office" returns to the air on Thursday night. High jinx are sure to ensue.



We enjoyed a visit from Uncle Mark and his friend Amy on general conference weekend. Laird especially enjoyed having people who weren't used to his non-stop chatter boxing. Mark and Amy were good sports.



POST SCRIPT (APRIL 10): Mark and Amy are now engaged to be married. Welcome to the family Amy!


The exciting state of Kansas saw their school win the national championship for college basketball by beating Memphis. One thing we can take away from this game is that sometimes the fouling game does work, especially when the team winning by 9 points with 2:12 left (Memphis) cannot hit free throws to save their lives. A great comeback and victory by Kansas. Memphis is back in the gym working on their free throws.



Jeffrey starts his soccer career today. Jeffrey will train in Humble for now, but will soon go international. We decided taking him out of the United States will better refine his skills, since pretty much everywhere else in the world loves soccer, and in the US it is ranked behind baseball, basketball, football, hockey and Nintendo Wii.



While Lucy hasn't really done anything notable, she is still cute as a button at 5 months old.



President Bush formally asked Congress to approve the free trade agreement with Columbia. This gives Congress 90 legislative days to act. (Or what? They are going to jail?) This is really a no-brainer, as currently most Columbian products enter the US duty-free (average of about 8%) while US exports currently average about a 35% tariff upon entering Columbia. A huge benefit to US producers and a benefit to US consumers and to Columbia. Nevertheless, the knee-jerk reaction from unions (and hence Clinton and Obama) will be against it. Should be interesting.

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe Jeffery has already lost a few teeth!!! Trent still hasn't lost any... I think he's the only kid in 1st grade with all of his baby teeth, poor guy.
    Wow! The new job opportunity sounds amazing! Are you expecting to live outside the US???
    The kids are so cute, how are you enjoying your 1st girl? Isn't it fun?!
    Love you too!
    Janell

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - that's some random stuff.
    loved it all - especially the "wii" remark. And it's true. What better sport to play internationally? Except not Japan - I bet Wii ranks higher there.
    hope the tooth fairy party was fun - wish we all could have been there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I for one, am grateful you allowed Jeffrey to train for a year in Humble, despite it's inferiority. What will Pippi do without him? Did you know that they are already working really hard at school so that they can go to BYU together?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed the post but...I want my junior mint!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So when are Mark and "friend" getting hitched? I'm sure it's all the talk in the Broadbent family, although it probably still takes a back seat to Steve and Kalina, although that's pretty old news by now.

    I played soccer most of my life and it was a blast, but it rightfully takes its place behind the Wii, it's pretty boring to watch.

    I blame Memphis's loss on poor coaching. They had too many chances that they couldn't capitalize on, plus they should've played around with a zone. And what's the deal with Rose taking his sweet time when his team was down? Kansas deserved the W.

    ReplyDelete