Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter in Houston

Some photo highlights of the week:


Jeffrey's Tinker Toy Monster/Robot



Manning the guns on the USS Texas Battleship


On Good Friday (widely observed here in the Bible Belt), we visited the USS Texas, which was commissioned in 1914 and saw action in both the Atlantic and Pacific theaters in World War II. At its height, it had 1600 crew members, crammed together in sleeping quarters like these:




Saturday's Easter Egg Hunt


Why does Easter revolve so heavily around candy? Kids get on sugar highs like nothing else.

3 comments:

  1. All holidays revolve around candy. It's a drug store/walmart/target conspiracy. Stores want you to believe that you can't have a holiday without it! What if everyone stopped buying candy for holidays? Maybe we would all be a lot healthier.

    Ann Broadbent

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like it was a beautiful day for Easter. I am jealous since it snowed here in MN on Easter. So much for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think next year we will do our easter egg hunt with only dyed real eggs next year - like when I was little!

    ReplyDelete