Sunday, October 11, 2009

Caught Pink Handed

Friday morning Laird and I were cleaning the house as usual. After a few minutes, I realized that I didn't know where Lucy was. It was awfully quiet. I had a feeling she was in my room, probably playing with my makeup or earrings. I decided I had better see what she was up to. Apparently two weeks was too long too wait for another pedicure.

I found Lucy sitting on my vanity, painting her toenails. She had also taken off all of the label stickers off of the bottles. I took a deep breath to examine the damage . . . I was astounded that she did not spill a DROP on her clothing. Rather, she brushed all of her toes quite completely and it only took a few minutes to fix up her toes so she looked presentable.

Today I found some smudges on the very far end of the vanity, as well as a neat long brush line. I guess I was too hasty to proclaim that she made no mess, but the smudges were cleaned up in 30 seconds. Contrast this to my other children who have caused call after call to poison control!

This incident portrays Lucy's "do it myself" mentality as a third child who often tries to solve problems herself before bothering to ask me. It also shows her preference to look beautiful . . . I still can't believe that at 23 months old she could find a way to reach the bottles, open the bottle that matched her current color and cover her toes. All without breaking the nail polish bottle or drinking it or even making a mess! Even still, I hid the nail polish and explained that she shouldn't do this again.

7 comments:

  1. what a cute picture! I am still laughing about this incident and shared it with several of my friends.. they all can't believe she didn't spill. What a talented young lady you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you got a picture/evidence. Isn't it amazing how different girls and boys are? Even I spill. She is better than me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. I can totally see her sitting there painting her nails. So girly- just like my Anna.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very cute. Claire loves to paint her toenails also. However the last time she got into the nail polish she had it all over her hands and feet. Luckily none on the carpet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! The picture is even better than your description. It was fun talking to you the other night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute and talented! Just like her momma!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a little beauty queen! I'm so glad there were no spills...don't forget to hide the mascara and lipstick!

    ReplyDelete