One of Lucy's friends at nursery invited us to celebrate his 2nd birthday.
The venue: McDonalds, a very popular place to celebrate birthdays. I have to point out that McDonalds is seen as a really nice establishment here, a place for business lunches and where the employees take incredible pride in their appearance and work. Keep that in mind.
Lucy wasn't so sure about the whole thing, loud music, DJ, etc.
Jeffrey enjoyed playing the games with friends from church.
The birthday boy is in yellow. He seemed rather overwhelmed as well. All three women are some of my closest friends at church. I visit teach the woman on the left. "Lee" (the boy in the middle) had a white linen catered birthday party last year for his first birthday. We really enjoyed it. The one on the right is one of our favorite babysitters and is my visiting teacher.
Laird loved the balloons and getting prizes.
Ronald McDonald came at the end to say hello. He wears a rather garish headpiece here, I suppose to make him look white? We were all served the favorite Filipino McDonald dishes: the children had McSpaghetti, and the adults had McSpaghetti with Fried Chicken. Whenever we order hamburgers at McDonalds, we are the only ones as everyone else gets rice or noodle dishes. They even serve pineapple pies here.
I wish we had rice and noodle dishes at our McDonalds here, I might actually go then. Isn't it amazing how they have adapted and done so well in other countries? I love seeing people from your ward!
ReplyDeleteI laughed for like 5 minutes straight at that picture of Ronald MacDonald and your comment of him. Congrats on moving to Central America (I'm hoping that I'm remembering that correctly.) We miss you guys.
ReplyDeleteWell the McSpaghetti is half sugar or corn syrup so don't be too jealous. And the rice is white rice . . . .I miss good salads to be honest.
ReplyDelete