Sunday, February 1, 2009

On the internet

I have recently reflected on the prodigious amount of time I spent on the internet. Here is my feeble attempt to track where I go:

The socials:

Igoogle (from which I link to all recent blog updates, major new stories and my exercise log - this definitely takes the longest)

Facebook (unbelievable waste of time)

Remember to hit the private blogs that I haven't checked in a while - Mark, Heidi, Smiths, Speers, Paces, etc. (in case your blog has gone private and I haven't noticed - you are in "etc.")

Goodreads

The shopping district:

Amazon

Ebay

Paperbackswap

History Book Club

Teaching Company

Craigslist

Netflix

The financial district:

Yahoo Finance

BYUfreefood.com

Wells Fargo

Chase

Bank of America

Citibank

Prosper

Lending Club

Emigrantdirect

Paypal

Bloomberg

The News, Sports and stuff:

Yahoo Sports

ESPN

Wall Street Journal editorials

Economist.com

LDS.com

AFN (Armed Forces Network) - for their broadcasting schedule

BYU Broadcasting/Speeches

My own blogs (writing them, not reading them):

Family blog

Entertainment Reviews

Efficiency Ideas

This doesn't count time I spend at work visiting work-related sites or doing work-related things.

It really boggles my mind that only 20 years ago the internet was unknown except to Al Gore and his ilk. What would we do without it?

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy regimen. If it makes it any simpler, our blog is no longer private so you can add it to your reader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's a long list of places to hit. Hopefully you have a fast internet connection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also will add that your list is much longer than mine. I hit the financial district first, then I hit the sports sites, then I have the blogs, then I have the weather and local newspaper sites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have given up on Facebook. It can eat your whole day. I'm glad someone else spends more time then me online- I didn't think it was possible.

    ReplyDelete