
Our sweet friend has left this mortal existence. She no longer is in pain. She is has gone to a better place.
Laird said to me this week, "But she is still my friend! It is ok Mommy."
And yet my heart aches. I miss her when I go pick up Jeffrey after school. She greeted me with as much enthusiasm as he did - daily. She was a third visiting teaching companion, a beloved playmate, Lucy's biggest fan and a true princess. I am so grateful to have an eternal perspective this week. But the tears are still there. We are so grateful to call her friend.
My heart aches, too. But Quinn reminds me: Sarah isn't sick anymore. And she isn't. And that's a very good thing.
ReplyDeleteThe music you provided was beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThank you that is very kind. It was an honor to be a part somehow.
ReplyDeleteAnd I know that you are right, Maren. Some moments we sorrow for the loss but Sarah is now well. Thank you for that reminder.