Sunday, September 7, 2008

Outings, Comings, Goings

On Thursday, Laird and I went on a "date" to Wendy's and the playground. I think the Frosty wound up him pretty well, as he just went around the playground shouting "I am a Pirate" to anyone who would listen. And he didn't fall asleep until 9 pm - luckily I went on a late run and missed that.



On Thursday, Phil and I went to go see Jerry Seinfeld in Baltimore. We were almost late because we spent 15 minutes hunting down a McDonald's that they advertised on the sign but which was nowhere to be found on the exit. They needed the golden arches perched where I could see them. But luckily we found a Wendy's in downtown Baltimore. Having see "The Wire" I was curious to see inner city Baltimore. It did not disappoint. Inside of Wendy's there was a sign at the back in front of a desk: "Baltimore Police Substation: Official Use Only". I had never seen part of a Wendy's commandeered as a substation before. And while we there, a policewoman came in, broke out her laptop, made a call and had a burger (actually I didn't see if she ate anything - we were in a hurry as it was). Very odd. The show itself was terrific - highly recommended to any who have not seen it.



Dad Broadbent swung into town briefly. He jammed on the piano with Jeffrey, who is coming right along, after three months of lessons.






Leaving amid Tropical Storm Hanna


We are five days away from taking off for Manila. Posts may be sporadic as we travel and get settled. We will have to go back to the laptop for a while, with its intolerably slow speed. Our flights: DC to LA, LA to Tokyo and Tokyo to Manila. Roughly 22.5 hours in flight and some time in between on the ground.

4 comments:

  1. So somewhere between the Fourth of July and now, Jeffrey has lost TWO teeth. (How did that not warrant a blog post by either of you?) I wish him a hearty congratulations. And I cannot believe you guys will be headed overseas so soon. Good luck with it all! We love you and cannot wait for your exotic blog entries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I do not envy you those flights with three kids. But what an adventure! Best of luck to you all. (PS your dad has not changed a bit in all these years.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are flying an airline with great entertainment systems!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Wire, but I never recommend it, because of certain risque elements. But it's probably my favorite drama of all time. Season 5 just came out on Netflix, so I'm excited to finish it off.

    And good luck on that flight. We're doing BOS-Chicago, Chicago-Tokyo, Tokyo-Bangkok in December.

    ReplyDelete