Sunday, August 3, 2008

Top 10 Recent Events

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. What can I say - my name isn't Heidi Hansen. Here is another top 10 list of recent happenings to bring you back up to speed:

10. Visiting the Washington Monument - note to potential tourists: get tickets online before you come if you want to go up. And they won't let you climb the stairs up anymore.



9. Pioneer Day Celebrated! Playing in the local stream seemed like an appropriate way to celebrate.



8. Brett Favre comes out of retirement. The last name is pronounced "Farve" for those of you not in the know. Favre is the all-time leader in interceptions thrown (as well as most other passing records). Why professional athletes like to retire and then come out of retirement is beyond me. Michael Jordan did it (twice), as did Roger Clemens. I don't think they have adequately developed other interests outside of their main line of work, and they are bored otherwise. My tip: stay retired and enjoy not getting knocked around.



7. Dinner at IHOP with Grandma. This would have ranked higher, but most people overate and felt sick afterwards.



6. Columbian special forces freed several hostages, including French-Columbian Ingrid Betancourt, without even firing a shot. So rare you get good news nowadays, and this was so happy.

5. Visit to the Udvar-Hazy Space Museum (companion to the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum). This is a top notch museum, and we all had a lot of fun.



4. Lucy turned 9 months old on August 1 and got her first tooth. She is more of a handful everyday, but we love her.



3. Jeffrey and Laird "flying" the Cessna at the Udvar-Hazy Museum.





2. Two out-of-house dates in one week thanks to Grandma Broadbent's babysitting. Date number 1 was a guided bike tour of Washington DC:


You could see the White House in the background if it wasn't so dark.






We didn't manage to bring the camera on the second date, but really enjoyed an outdoor concert on the lawn featuring Beethoven's greatest hits.

1. Grandma's Visit! Who doesn't love Grandma coming to visit? We all enjoyed having her here.

7 comments:

  1. I guess I am obligated to comment on your post since you exclusively mentioned me by name. Which, by the way, isn't just Heidi Hansen, it's Heidi Hansen Ferguson. Geez.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and I can't help it if I have such an awesome blog with such a strong following. My readers need me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an honor to make your top ten list! It was great to visit you and to have Lucy as a roommate! Another week and we might have been sharing stories in the middle of the night. Thanks to Sheralie for all that she did for me and with me. She can rest up this week before heading off to CA. I really enjoyed all the neat stuff that we did. Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kind of amazing that you have half your siblings in the same area at once, if only for one summer. I wouldn't mind having a sibling or two out here, but I guess I'm the one who decided to move here.

    And is that Sheralie in the space suit there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a lot of catching up to do with your family. Looks like you guys are leading an exciting life. You'll still have to fill me in on how the new career came about. Sounds fun though.

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see you are taking advantage of your time in D.C.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sheralie, a bike date! How romantic.. what a cool idea. dont forget to send me a link to YOUR blog!

    ReplyDelete