Sunday, August 31, 2008

12 days to move

Let's just say that life right now is very character building. I am really looking forward to settling into some new routines. I have six days left with a car (ie: to shop!) I have a few things in mind to purchase but am curious what you would buy if you were leaving the country for two years.

8 comments:

  1. A 2 year supply of M & M's (-:

    Realistic or not, it sure sounds yummy!

    We're praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take yeast!! I had to make my own bread in Russia, and I could rarely find yeast. Thank goodness for my food storage supply.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why did you make your own bread? I'm just curious, since I loved the Filipino bread - they packed it with sugar. Maybe that's why you bought your own bread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard that you can get everything you need PLUS MORE in the Philippines. Bring me home one of these:
    http://cache.jalopnik.com/assets/resources/2007/07/Jeepney.jpg

    Seriously - in all my travels, the things I missed the most were red licorice, American pizza, and good chapstick.

    Best of luck planning and packing for two years - you guys are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you read the Poisonwood Bible? It reminds me of the family packing for Africa and taking all the wrong things. I know you'll pack better- Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you may want seeds for an herb garden - mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Luck with the move.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello sweet friend,

    I have thought so much of you this week ...By now you are in your new home working hard to organize and create a beautiful new place for your family. I love and miss you.

    ReplyDelete