Friday, June 20, 2008

Happy Birthday, Pete!


Happy Birthday from us all:

"Da. Da-Da." ~Lucy

"I love Dad. Dad works with me and plays with me and reads books with me. He's funny. He tickles me. I like when he is home." ~Love, Laird

"I like Dad because he is very fun! And he likes to read with me. Dad is very silly. He tells realy good jokes. Dad is my friend. I love my Dad." ~From your son, Jeffrey

I think 31 things about Pete are in order, but we are going to have a lot of posts this weekend. So here are 13 things you may or may not know about Pete:

  • He has a very nice baritone/bass voice.
  • He is very perceptive and honest. He says things like they are, and people love him for it.
  • He would rather eat a meal at home than go out to eat. For multiple reasons.
  • He is constantly thinking about how to make the world a better place. (Example: great ideas blog.)
  • He makes up silly songs for his children.
  • He is very competitive - at board games. He is usually the banker because he memorizes all the rates and rules quicker than everyone else.
  • He does not like to watch the same movie twice, unless it was an amazing movie, and provided it has been a very long time since watching it. (See his review blog.)
  • He enjoys cream pies as well as milk chocolate.
  • He has a gift for choosing top-notch friends. It doesn't seem to matter where he lives, he can find them - and keep in touch with them when he moves.
  • He thinks a 3-5 mile run is an easy day.
  • He has a knack for buying and selling and seems to intuitively know the best time for each.
  • He regularly scores over 350 in scrabble.
  • He is a kind husband, a fantastic father and an entertaining friend.

Happy Birthday!

4 comments:

  1. My wife would agree that I have many of those same qualities, specifically about the movies, ideas to make things better, and eating out. I used to love eating out, but now I think it takes too long and is not worth the effort or the money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday. Checking the blog only about every ten minutes for news on your assignment. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sheralie for the nice post. I should know my post in the next couple hours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just dying to know where you are going. I have been thinking about it constantly. Actually, it kept me up last night...I couldn't sleep. I don't know if it was that or if that's just what I was thinking about when I couldn't sleep. AND...I had a dream about it the night before. I tell you...I'm so excited to hear!

    Happy birthday today Pete. What a good day to find out your news! :)

    It's so fun to see your pictures, and you are already missed here. I can feel your presence gone. As is no surprise, you are already doing all the fun and educational things there are to do...such the Broadbent way!

    Love you tons. Keep us posted. I will surely be checking!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete