WOW. Perhaps the one place you'd like better than Bangkok. Congrats. I guess I'll have to join up and go to Bangkok myself. Wonderful. So when do you go? What are the next steps?
Hey Pete... this is Jocelyn Staller, do you remember me? Anyway, I somehow found your blog a couple days ago when I was on someone's and it said "Broadbent" on their links. Anyway... it was fun catching up with you guys... your kids are seriously DANG CUTE! I read that you would be posting your assignment today and came back to see... I'M SO JEALOUS! Ben and I spent about a year in Manila 2006-07 for his job and we LOVED it there. Hopefully you don't mind me coming back for updates from you guys. I can't wait to see your adventures in the Philippines. Seriously, congratulations on getting Manila... both Ben and I want to go back so bad! We are trying to figure out when we can at least go back for a trip. We still have friends over there doing their expat assignments.
Sorry for the huge comment... I'm just so excited for you guys and SO jealous! :)
Yes! The announcement I've been waiting to hear. That is VERY exciting. It will be interesting for you to see the Philipinnes through non-missionary eyes. Your family is going to have a great time. So do you think you'll get to hire a cook and a maid?
congrats! we'd been waiting with anticipation. our last uneducated guesses were : emily--indonesia and mark--europe. too bad i didn't set any stakes on it . . .
Yeah! That is so great! That's exactly where you wanted to go, isn't it? That will be a great experience for your family. Will you be there three years? I hope you have a fabulous time in DC until September. Wow! Fun for you. I was so happy to see that!
A few more details: We will be posted in Manila for two years. My training the rest of the summer will be on how to do my job (not language), which will mainly involve issuing visas to tourists and immigrants.
The Philippines was our first pick and we were definitely thrilled to get it. Sheralie was especially relieved not to be headed to Vietnam or Laos. They announced the assignments in random order, and I wound up being the very last one in my class of 70 to get my assignment. It worked out well though.
So excited for you. And a little envious, but don't tell Joel. He still lives in the dream world where I'm thrilled to be moving to Arizona for the rest of my life...I know it will be a great adventure for your family.
WOW Sheralie, talk about an adventure. I hear living abroad on the government's dollar is awesome! What a neat thing to do with a young family, good luck and keep blogging so I can follow your exotic life! Julie
WOW. Perhaps the one place you'd like better than Bangkok. Congrats. I guess I'll have to join up and go to Bangkok myself. Wonderful. So when do you go? What are the next steps?
ReplyDeleteCongrats! We are excited to hear of your fun adventures!!
ReplyDeleteHey Pete... this is Jocelyn Staller, do you remember me? Anyway, I somehow found your blog a couple days ago when I was on someone's and it said "Broadbent" on their links. Anyway... it was fun catching up with you guys... your kids are seriously DANG CUTE! I read that you would be posting your assignment today and came back to see... I'M SO JEALOUS! Ben and I spent about a year in Manila 2006-07 for his job and we LOVED it there. Hopefully you don't mind me coming back for updates from you guys. I can't wait to see your adventures in the Philippines. Seriously, congratulations on getting Manila... both Ben and I want to go back so bad! We are trying to figure out when we can at least go back for a trip. We still have friends over there doing their expat assignments.
ReplyDeleteSorry for the huge comment... I'm just so excited for you guys and SO jealous! :)
Yes! The announcement I've been waiting to hear. That is VERY exciting. It will be interesting for you to see the Philipinnes through non-missionary eyes. Your family is going to have a great time. So do you think you'll get to hire a cook and a maid?
ReplyDeletecongrats! we'd been waiting with anticipation. our last uneducated guesses were : emily--indonesia and mark--europe. too bad i didn't set any stakes on it . . .
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! We're excited to hear the details. Happy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting!
ReplyDeleteYeah! That is so great! That's exactly where you wanted to go, isn't it? That will be a great experience for your family. Will you be there three years? I hope you have a fabulous time in DC until September. Wow! Fun for you. I was so happy to see that!
ReplyDeleteWow! How exciting! I'm so happy for you guys. What luck!
ReplyDeleteA few more details: We will be posted in Manila for two years. My training the rest of the summer will be on how to do my job (not language), which will mainly involve issuing visas to tourists and immigrants.
ReplyDeleteThe Philippines was our first pick and we were definitely thrilled to get it. Sheralie was especially relieved not to be headed to Vietnam or Laos. They announced the assignments in random order, and I wound up being the very last one in my class of 70 to get my assignment. It worked out well though.
We are totally jealous...Denzil might be going there (minus the fam) on a medical mission in July or August.
ReplyDeleteWow! Congrats on getting your first choice!
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you. And a little envious, but don't tell Joel. He still lives in the dream world where I'm thrilled to be moving to Arizona for the rest of my life...I know it will be a great adventure for your family.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes. You are in our thoughts and prayers! We love you!
ReplyDeleteWOW Sheralie, talk about an adventure. I hear living abroad on the government's dollar is awesome! What a neat thing to do with a young family, good luck and keep blogging so I can follow your exotic life!
ReplyDeleteJulie