Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Got-no-Green Lantern

The big news is that the Broadbents are back together again. It feels great to come home to a family again, and everyone is happy. It is like we are taking a summer-long vacation, except that I do have to work to finance this vacation.

So here we are at our new place. Jeffrey and his travel scooter will give us the tour:


It reminds us a little of our apartment back in Chicago.



It's actually pretty nice. Jeffrey rides around the parking lot.



More of Jeffrey on the sidewalk.


We have no pictures of the pool, which is unusual, since Sheralie and the boys are trying to hit it every weekday of the summer, which I think they can do. But I guess when you go to the pool, you have enough stuff to bring.

Also featured in northern Virginia are the Phil and Jen Broadbent family and their newest addition, Wade (pictured with Lucy):




The more nimble Lucy pins big-boy Wade down.



Uncle Phil, president of the East Coast Broadbent Society, and his nephews


More to come in Summer of Fun in DC 2008. Stay tuned.

5 comments:

  1. Are you together permanently? We have been doing the summer commute-to-be-together thing, too.

    Steve's younger sister (Andrea) just married Ben, who is the younger brother to Seth Blaylock, who is just about to leave as a FSO. He said he had met/talked with you.

    Both my sisters got married last summer so we have been on the wedding circuit for the past year or so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phil is looking rather older than I remember him. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back to an apartment. That's gotta be depressing. I guess it's only temporary, but there's a large chance that you'll be living in apartments in Asia, too. So I guess you should have a more positive outlook than I.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that you are back together. I was wondering how you were all holding up. We wish your family the best with this life changing time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday/ "Find Out Where Your Destiny Lies" Day on Friday! We will be heading up to UT to crash Mark's wedding (your brother not my husband) on that day, hope you make it a good and plentiful post!

    ReplyDelete