Tuesday, June 15, 2010

No Entiendo

Just a quick update on our summer. We have now begun our Spanish immersion program, with la Mama speaking Spanish 6 hours a day. James does not seem to notice or mind. Lucy thinks it is all a silly game. Laird can be heard proclaiming his favorite phrases in Spanish. Jeffrey often translates what I say for the other children, or reminds me to write words I forget on the blackboard. I have cheat sheets from my Spanish teacher posted throughout the house, in case I confuse spider with earing, for example. We pray quite fervently for the gift of tongues.

The children are learning the most important phrase for now: "No entiendo."

3 comments:

  1. It's a start. I love that you're doing this. It will help them so much. And it will help you, too, I bet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have good days and hard days. But we are all learning a great deal. Which we need to do to make our next few years work.

    ReplyDelete