Thursday, April 15, 2010

Long Awaited Birthday

It must be painful having your older brother's birthday 6 weeks before yours. Actually, I know so. We have counted the days since Jeffrey's birthday and fortunately the day arrived. Unfortunately, I dropped the camera today so these are all from celebrating with my family last week.



Laird and his mint and chip ice cream cake.
Note to self: Chocolate fondue and hot fudge are not the same thing.
Do not substitute in an ice cream cake or chocolate forms a rock-like layer.



Opening his gifts with reckless abandon.
Laird does most things that way, all or nothing.



Dragonslayer. And since we are on the topic of weapons, here are some funny things Laird has said:

"What is your favorite weapon? Let's talk about weapons!"

I must not have been enthusiastic enough . . .

"Girls don't like weapons as much as boys. Girls aren't like boys. I like to play with boys."

and yet he is willing to help around the house,

"I am going to take a rest on the couch. Call me if you need me.
If you have a little job for me, call me."

And Laird's thoughts about General Conference,

"Why are there so many white people?"

Ummmmm. Well.

"Is that an organ?"

Yes.

"That man looks like he has two heads and four hands!!" as he laughs gleefully.

We love you Laird. Happy Birthday!

5 comments:

  1. I love the two headed, four handed organist image! I'm still laughing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great kid! I love his lines. And I'm proud of him for watching General Conference; my kids read books during the meetings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny about his comment about the white people comment. Doesn't he appreciate that the camera men try so so hard to focus on the four minorities in the tabernacle choir? It is awesome you guys are giving your kids such a great experience. I am envious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cake sure looks yummy- rock hard chocolate and all. I love all the funny Laird comments. What a funny kid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! Nice to hear from you, Sheralie! Thanks for your comments, which led me here to see your sweet family and fun adventures. You are (as always) an inspiration. If we're ever in the same town-- time zone, even-- I hope we can meet for lunch and that you'll fill me in on the rest!

    ReplyDelete