Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve Baseball

A typical Christmas Eve in the Philippines involves staying up to midnight. Then there are fireworks, as well as the long awaited Noche Buena feast . . . a ball of ham, a cheese ball, spaghetti (???), and 12 round fruits. These symbolize prosperity. Most people I have asked also open presents at this time.

We are not a late night family, so we will opt out of this tradition. (Early tonight we will have a formal dinner and Christmas program.) This morning we tried to get to the park before it got too hot and the boys played a little baseball. The girls took pictures.



Laird looks for a catch.


Meet the pitcher, coach, and opposing team.


Jeffrey made some great hits!


Merry Christmas to all!

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you! It really doesn't matter where or how you celebrate, as long as you're with family! Looks like you enjoyed a fun day at the park.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am at work. Should be working ... but how could I pass up an opportunity to wish your fam a belated Merry Christmas and New Year! I also appreciated the tips about goal making/resolutions. Mine? Run 1 mile this year! That would be a large improvement over what I've done the last nine years of life. Miss you guys, Mark.

    ReplyDelete