When we started our day at the zoo, it was nice and dry.
Then it started to rain. We did not bring umbrellas. We got very wet.
The petting zoo included a crocodile - Lucy didn't like it.
We got to hold some birds.
I only wanted one, but they gave me two.
The horse ride was very bumpy but I was able to stay on.
We had a nice time at the zoo with all the animals.
This blog post was done by Jeffrey with the help of his Dad.
Note from Pete: The Manila Zoo doesn't have much of a reputation, but we found it just right for our little troop. Small enough to see the whole zoo in one day, and see a wide variety of animals. It was a sunny day when we started so we didn't bring umbrellas, but it started to rain pretty soon, and it rained hard. There were some fellows renting umbrellas, but I took too long to negotiate the price and by the time I was ready to buy, we were already soaking wet, so I figured what is the point?
Where in the U. S. would you be able to pet a crocodile at a public zoo? That looked really cool. Lucy didn't look like she was too fond of the emu either! Hey terrific job on the blog Jeffrey! I enjoyed reading your descriptions of the pictures. The photo of the the two big white birds on your shoulders looks like they could pick you up and fly away with you! Love, Grandma Bev
ReplyDeleteOk, I'm even jealous of the rain. Can I come be your nanny? Ok, bad idea, but I love to read about your life. Jealous, jealous, jealous.
ReplyDeleteWow - I like the "no cage" zoo policy there. How fun! Including the rain!
ReplyDeleteJeffery, I really enjoyed reading about your trip to the zoo! What cool birds on your sholders. It must have been fun for you to walk in the rain. You all look so happy. I especially like the last picture with your family and the incredibly large ostrich! Maren and Nathan say hello. We miss you.
ReplyDeleteJeff, great job on the blog post! I loved reading about your rainy trip to the zoo. You got to see and touch a lot of neat animals!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe your kids got to touch a crocodile and an ostrich! Amazing experiences your family will treasure. Love it!
ReplyDelete