Here's a recap of our day:
10 am: I decide to go to the gym to workout and watch college football. Driving in a downpour I realize some of our roads are starting to be compromised. I get out of our neighborhood to the main road and realize it is a gridlock. We hear that one of our neighbors is stuck in traffic on the other side of town - it will take her another 5 hours to get home. Before getting on the main road I turn around and come home, quickly realizing my folly.
11 am: Lucy starts noticing cockroaches invading my study. Since everything outside our house is under water, the cockroaches start to invade our house somehow. We kill about 8 cockroaches in a few minutes time.
1:30 pm: During the middle of a run on my treadmill, the power goes out. So Jeffrey and I decided to investigate the damage.
This is the view looking from our garage.
This is our street. Our house is to the immediate right.
Our neighbor's car.
The street adjacent to ours (about 50 feet from our house).
NY Times picture

I'm speechless. Glad you're all okay and still smiling about it. The picture of you up to your knees in rain water, smiling is the craziest thing I've seen in a while!
ReplyDeleteIt was crazy! Especially the rivers of water had trash floating in it. Lucy kept asking to go watch the "pillow" and bottles which were floating by our house. Our backyard was pretty flooded around 1 pm but the rain began to lessen, giving it time to abate. Thank you all for your prayers.
ReplyDeleteWow, I guess I am out of the loop because I didn't know it was so bad! I hope all your stuff is okay, looks like those cars are done for. It's crazy!
ReplyDeleteWow, we're glad you're all okay--Mark's been thinking about you since it was on the news. Lots of water and no power is (mostly) no fun--Ike taught us that.
ReplyDeleteYikes!!! I think that's all I have to say.
ReplyDeletewow. those pictures are crazy! I am so glad you all did alright- the boys will definitely never forget this experience. How did everyone else in your ward fare?
ReplyDeleteWow! There's no doubt that the Phillipines is a tropical area. We thought the flooding in the Atlanta area was bad - your area looked as bad or worse. How is the cockroach situation now that the water has gone down? Were most people able to make it to church on Sunday?
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! I heard the news this afternoon and am so glad to hear that you are safe and sound! I hope that your neighbors and ward family are recovering alright. Take care, let us know if you need us to send supplies of any kind!
ReplyDeleteOh, yes....the far east rainstorms. We had those in Taiwan ALL the time. Try not to get lost.
ReplyDeleteOur ward did not fare too well. No deaths, and the chapel is fine. But only a handful of members seem unaffected. Almost everyone I have talked to had to either evacuate or have had fairly severe flooding. Just cleaning out the mud remnants sounds horrible.
ReplyDeleteI've always wanted to an experience a flood. I mean, it would totally suck, but it would certainly be an adventure.
ReplyDelete