Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Pete!



Pete and Sheralie at Arlington Cemetary last summer.


Pete and the boys with their Football Season apparel.



Pete and Jeffrey playing baseball in Summerwood by Lake Houston.


Pete, Laird and Lego Guy read a book.



Pete and Lucy in Bohol.

Pete celebrated #32 today. It was a nice day, with beautiful sunshine perfect for our afternoon swim.

Jeffrey was surprised that we would not be putting 32 candles on the cake . I informed him that using the candles to outline 32 would suffice. Laird helped make the birthday cake and only ate a large handful of the dry cake mix , declaring it "yummy." Lucy finger-painted a card that she was most proud of. She said "I did" and held it out to Pete, with the heart finger-painting facing her so she could continue to admire her work.

I can't believe that this is the 9th year we have celebrated Pete's birthday together. He has changed my life by his practical nature, his zeal for knowledge, his love of laughter and his commitment to duty. He adds balance to my life and is my better half. He brings joy into the life of our entire family. We love you, dear. Happy Birthday!

7 comments:

  1. Sending birthday wishes from Chicago. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! And Father's Day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy B-day and fathers day! Looking forward to seeing you guys in about 10 days or so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I didn't get a card to you! I hope you had a really good birthday. It was good to talk to you yesterday. Lucy is getting very big, I can't wait to see all the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, and a perfect post for Father's Day too. Nicely written, Sheralie. You two make such a perfect match!

    I love the story about Lucy's birthday card. so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I could really like the pic of you with your boys during football season if only the shirts were maroon & white!! Gig 'em!

    ReplyDelete