It has been great. However, there are a couple of things I didn't consider which may be of help to people considering a treadmill in their future:
1. My study now sometimes smells like a gym. It turns out that you've got to diligently clean the treadmill in order to keep the gym-smell at bay. Now, I usually clean the treadmill after I use it at the gym, but if I did a superficial job, I never faced the consequences. In fact, I didn't even realize I was doing a crummy job until I had my own treadmill and realized all the places on a treadmill you had to clean to make sure your study does not smell like a gym.
2. The treadmill view the treadmill as more of a jungle gym. Jeffrey likes to propel it forward when it is off by walking. It is a great treat for them to walk at 2 mph on it when it is working.
3. At the gym, the temperature is quite cool. If I had central air conditioning, it would be quite a hassle to cool down the entire house for the benefit of one room. Fortunately, we have individual units attached to each major room. So I can pre-freeze my study so the run is more comfortable. I'm sure the same could be accomplished by a stand-alone fan.
So there it is. I am setting my sites on the Clark [former US Air Force Base] Marathon held in December for my first marathon. Last month (while in the process of getting the treadmill) all my runs for the month totaled 26.2 miles completed in 4 hours. Obviously I am going to have to step it up a little.
And just for kicks here is Jeffrey from our hoops shooting session today. Poor guy has to give it his all just to get it to the hoop, but he did put in about 8-9 times.
Glad to see they are learning sports at a young age. Is the marathon going to be in the Philippines? I found that the training took an inordinate amount of time.
ReplyDeletegood luck with the marathon and congrats on the purchase. We love getting new gym equipment because we hate gyms. It's just such a hassle to go there and so great to be able to do it at home. The only thing that is an issue with us is the lack of space!
ReplyDeleteI was going to make a crack about white people needing to run marathons to justify their existence, but I'll save that for someone else. Good luck with all that. Running is the absolute worst.
ReplyDelete