Friday, November 7, 2008

To my new boss

Congrats to Barack Obama, who I actually voted for in the primary election. I missed the deadline for getting a vote in on the actual election (there is another registration that overseas folks must do), so I missed actually voting, though Texas was not exactly a swing state.

I think it is very historic to have an African-American president, and the rest of the world loves him (at least right now), so that is good. I hope he has more fiscal sense than the Bush administration, but we'll have to wait and see. I am cautiously optimistic that Obama will be a great president and that he may actually prod Congress to do something productive. Here's to my new boss, Barack Obama.

4 comments:

  1. Couldn't agree more. On a side note, I don't think my absentee vote in Utah really counted for much, either (if it was counted at all).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you're an Obama fan! The man is already backpedaling from all his promises that he can't possibly keep--except that most of them were incredibly vague. How do you justify voting for his extreme positions?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep in mind that my vote for Obama was during the primaries, not the actual election. I really thought about moving to Canada if Hillary was elected.

    I didn't see a lot of great options in this election. There were problems with all candidates, and each one also had strengths. I am hopeful that Obama's strengths will outweigh his weaknesses. I think he is a great face and speaker for America, even if I disagree with a lot of his policies.

    Besides, he's my boss and I can't be badmouthing the boss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This from a Libertarian, eh Pete? Tsk, tsk.

    ReplyDelete