In other news, Lucy turned 3 months this week. She is a very good baby, for which we are very thankful. Jeffrey and Laird are great kids, but were not nearly as good.

Also, President Gordon B. Hinckley, president of the LDS church, passed away. This was not entirely unexpected, as he was 97 (though obviously not in the picture below) and had lived a very full life. I can only hope I am as active and energetic and as faithful as he was into my 90s. I am very appreciative for his years of service and his prophetic and inspirational messages.

In a turn to the much more secular, Lost also returned to the small screen. Because of the writer's strike, there has been much less good television to watch, so this was a welcome addition. Anyone else out there watch Lost? I think it looking pretty good for this year - in the last couple years I have sworn off of it a couple times, but I keep returning. I'm an addict.

The NE Patriots lost to the NY Giants in the Super Bowl, for those of you unconnected to the sports world. The Patriots were trying to become only the second NFL team to go undefeated. They failed. But no one likes a dynasty, so I was happy to see the underdog Giants win, even if their QB Eli Manning is a bit of a whiner.

Otherwise I just worked a lot. I will go back to work tomorrow and work a lot more. For any of you with kids, do them a favor and tell not be lawyers. However, my dad told me that and that probably prompted me more to become a lawyer, so if you need to, refer them to me and I will tell them not to become a lawyer.
Our parting shots are from days long past in Chicago back in 2002:
I think maybe women tend to blog more because we're hard-wired to nurture the family/friend connections in our lives - sort of a 21st century circling of the wagons. I don't think I would blog as much were I not so far away from my support system.
ReplyDeleteoh great pete! now you tell us not to become a lawyer... :)
ReplyDeleteI forget I have given this blog address out to people I have recruited. In my defense though, if you have already started law school, you might as well come to my firm - it's the best in Texas. Now if I had gotten to Tim before he went to Law School....
ReplyDeleteI love LOST!! If we didn't have iTunes for entertainment, I think we'd go crazy.
ReplyDeleteI agree about husbands and blogging, but my husband wants nothing to do whatsoever with the blog. If it were up to him there wouldn't be a blog. He's horrified by the whole idea, and it causes him stress to think about what I might write. We're not that interesting, I tell him.
please excuse that picture of me feeding jeffrey bananas. . . it was almost 6 years ago, before I knew how to take care of an apt or get a shower before 3 pm!
ReplyDeleteI was considering dedicating an entire post to the topic of the female-dominated blogging world, but I didn't feel like I had enough material, so I'm glad you touched on it. Thanks for the shout out. I actually went to your blog to copy your url to add you as a link, so sorry it took so long.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I have never watched Lost and I think I would enjoy it. HOWEVER, I have gone this long without watching it so I am going to wait until it's completely over and then rent all the DVDs and roll through them. My reason for this is that all the fans seem to be really frustrated with some of the episodes and the tendencies for Cliffhangers.
Anyway.