Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Weekends in New York

Recently I went to New York City to testify in an arbitration. It was a memorable experience. It makes me very happy that I am not a litigator and don't have to ask people tons of questions.

Anyway, I forgot my camera, but I did visit Christina and Charlotte (they have plenty of pictures of themselves in and around NYC - click on the "Ericksons" blog on your right) on Saturday and I learned an important lesson: Never ride the subways on the weekend. The weekend does not have express service and they take that opportunity to close down areas they want to work on. Thus, the entrance near my hotel was closed. So I found another entrance, but this was to a different line, so I had to go to a different intersection further south (I was going north). Upon switching trains, I went all the way from 4th to 145th (my goal was 168th) when they told me to get out - this was the end of the line. Switch trains again and finally get to 168th. It took me 1 1/2 hours to go 8 miles. I could have run that distance faster (though with luggage it would have been awkward).

So no pictures, but I will offer this old time photo of Christina and me when Christina was not much older than Charlotte is now. Steve is also in the background.


Broadbent kids, circa 1981?

No comments:

Post a Comment