Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Happy October

Sheralie's bedrest has now been lifted, since they (the midwives) want her to be extremely active and actually prompt labor. This seems to be a fairly dramatic shift in policy. I don't understand it one bit.

My actual theory is that they see that Sheralie is pretty much ready, but the midwives have big plans this weekend, so they want her to have the baby before the weekend so as not to disrupt their plans. I know, that is cynical of me, but I don't trust doctors one bit (though the midwives I trust a bit more than actual doctors).

I think my mistrust of doctors stems from their creed: "Do no harm". That is not very inspiring. At least with lawyers, you get "zealous advocacy" so you know your lawyer is on your side. A doctor is just trying not to screw up. He's done his job as long as you exit with all limbs in place.

Post Script: After our experience with the midwives on November 1, 2007, I must say that all of the healthcare workers, including the doctors, nurses and midwives, were amazing and awesome. I apologize for my earlier derisive remarks.

1 comment: