Sunday, January 28, 2007

This week in review


Our top story this week (at least the story that has the picture) is that Jeffrey, Laird and Sheralie went to the zoo, one of their favorite stomping grounds this year. Jeffrey reported that the zebra was his favorite this time. Laird just made the lion/tiger growling noise.


Sheralie celebrated her 26th birthday on Friday. Kimberly and Josh Oldham came over and introduced us to Settlers of Catan - Cities and Knights version, which, for those of you who have only tried the original, is a very fun improvement. I highly recommend it.


I went to Chicago for part of the week and can confirm that they still have cold winters there. The work there left a little to be desired, but it's hard to find jobs where they pay you to have a great time. The most productive part of the trip was hitting the hotel gym (which was by far the best hotel gym I have ever been in) and starting to train in earnest for the Rodeo Run 10K, which will take place at the end of February. Steve and Mark Broadbent also plan on running.


I am reading a very interesting book on Mao Tse Tung, by Jung Chang and Jon Halliday. It really paints an interesting picture of China in the 20th century. It is a good, entertaining book, but one can quickly tell that the author has an axe to grind - she does not like Chairman Mao. Even with her biased view (or perhaps because of it?) it is a gripping read. Mao was not a good person. For anyone with an interest in China or Mao, I would recommend.

Sheralie started her new job at church as the primary chorister, a job that I would not wish upon myself in a million years, but Sheralie is very excited about it.

Stay tuned for spin-off blogs (like they do for popular TV shows). Ideas currently in the hopper: Pete's Political Blog, Entertainment Reviews by Pete, Pete's Ideas to Improve Society and Law Firm Life with Pete. Please comment if any of these ideas sound compelling. Even if you don't find them compelling I still might put them in production. Many TV shows and movies which no one finds compelling are launched all the time, and most do just fine.

4 comments:

  1. I would like to see a link to the PR standings included on your page, as well as a bit of commentary on that. Also it would be interesting to read about what else Sheralie received for her birthday. Good report otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for including the photos of those most adorable kids ever! I think I would love to read your entertainment reviews. I am enjoying your blog very much; it is a great way for us to stay informed on our Texas family!
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Jeff's shirt, and we hope Sheralie had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete