Saturday, December 18, 2010

Beginning to Look A Lot

like Christmas!

The last two weeks have been a little better. There were no unauthorized haircuts from sibling to sibling, there were no car accidents involving our rental car #2, (which is a good thing since our van is still being repaired from the awful smashing), and the calendar was manageable. Whew. November was a rough one, but December is full of anticipation as we prepare for Christmas.

The children are trying to be helpful and good.



I love that the spoon is actually getting food on his face instead of in his mouth.
She tries so hard to be helpful, and occasionally it is truly helpful.
James tries to go along with the "little mama" even when she smears food all over his face.




It is getting cold, even bundled up. James is here watching me clear off the sidewalk.
He always smiles for the camera, even if he wasn't smiling before!
I personally think the cold is much more enjoyable when there is snow.
There is something so magical about snow.




Lucy thinks snow is synonymous with a winter wonderland:
"Mom, I have winter wonderland on my nose!"



All this snow makes us rather giddy. It is a huge change for us.
Some afternoons are so cold we cannot play outside.
We have taken to doing Tae-Bo together in the living room.
[Not pictured.]




Laird, of course has engineered more games to play in the house.
One such game is indoor hockey. Here you see his indoor hockey stick,
a.k.a. stick with a tissue taped on with masking tape (as to preserve our beautiful floors),
and his hockey puck obtained from James' stacking rings.



James can spend hours trying to remove the ornaments off of the tree.



Hope you are having fun getting ready for Christmas too!

5 comments:

  1. Love the 'stacked up' pic of your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the last kids picture of them altogether. What a great family you have! We also loved your Christmas card. Did you design it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. My sister Melanie, is a graphic designer and designed our cards the last two years. She does a great job ... find her at www.fifthandhazel.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh they are all so cute. I can't wait to get to know Lucy better. Laird's hockey idea is brilliant. I might let Bardo try to play that in our entryway. You make me a better mom with your pictures and your stories and your phone calls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it. I'm glad to here this month has been better so far. . .

    The last "totem pole" picture is darling - what cute (grown-up) looking kids!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete