Friday, July 4, 2008

Summer of Fun in DC

Happy Fourth of July from Washington DC. If you have clicked this far, you might be wondering what we are up to. Here's the run down (warning: lots of pictures):







We've hit the parks. There are some nice ones around here.



I "graduated" from the orientation course for Foreign Service Officers. Sheralie and Lucy came to the graduation.




The fire station is always popular. One of my fellow Foreign Service officers has been a volunteer firefighter for 8 years.










Tuesday night at the Iwo Jima Memorial with Mark and Amy. On Tuesday nights in the summer the Marines come out for marching band and gun twirling shows.


Jeffrey is learning the piano. He has had several performances already (anyone that comes over to our house gets a performance).



This has sparked a piano frenzy.








A big happy birthday to Keith Monroe, who last week turned the big 5-0. Half a century old and still going strong. Here's to a great father-in-law, father and grandpa. Have fun in Brazil with your missionary kids!

5 comments:

  1. What great pictures! I especially liked the picture of all the kids at the piano. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just found out that Karl's cousin is moving to Manila in two weeks. I know it is a big place, but maybe you guys could meet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing what your family is up to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you are doing well! I love D.C!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheralie, Your Lucy is adorable! And you are a hot mama! It looks like you are having a great time in a new place, keep in touch :)

    ReplyDelete