Tuesday, August 14, 2007

August in Houston

Greetings faithful readers. August has been slow and hot here in Houston. Here is my top 5 list of happenings this month:

5. College football season starts at the end of the month. The excitement in the air is palpable.

4. Sheralie enters her third trimester. We will have a new baby on our hands before we know it! Time to start perusing Ebay for girls' clothes.

3. Laird works on potty training. This is not an easy thing to orchestrate. Hats off to Sheralie for spearheading the effort.

2. Jeffrey starts school at the end of the month. He is so excited - I just hope it lives up to his expectations. He will be a model student.

1. Sheralie and I go on vacation to Utah for a week. Happy times are here again.

And so we don't leave you without a picture, here is a comparison shot of me and my brother Steve when we were about the same age as Jeffrey and Laird (thought Steve and I are much closer in age than Jeffrey and Laird):




3 comments:

  1. We're looking forward to the end of August in many ways, too! Have to ask if you will be persuing ebay or just perusing it? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know Sheralie was pregnant. Congrats. Girls are so fun ! But boys are too. Hope you are doing well! love from the Kitchens

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sheralie:
    Could you please help me figure out how to play the pipe organ in the stake center here in Vienna. There is a small box containing the keyboard facing the pipes. I haven't actually seen it because it is locked. There are a few stops on either side, and a smaller than normal pedal keyboard below. Above the pedal keyboard there are no volume pedals that I recognize, but there are 3 pedals which look something like the brake or gearshift pedals in a car. They don't look like they can be pressed in gradual increments but instead look like they're either "off" or "on." Are they for changing the ranks of pipes, or for engaging some stops, or what? And how can I change the volume without volume pedals? Please tell me how to play this organ! Thanks! Love, Aunt Susan

    ReplyDelete